I just wanted to write down Lyla's birth story for our personal history records. So on the morning of April 16th, 2012 I woke up early and called the hospital to see if I could come in for an induction. Mark was working out of town and he could only be here for a few days, so we decided to do an induction so he could be sure to be there. They told us we could come in, so as soon an my mom got to our house we headed for the hospital. We got there around 7 am and by 7:30 I was in my gown and ready to go! My doctor came in and broke my water at 7:45. I was so excited because I was pretty sure that this would go quickly. My labor with Max was a lot shorter that my labor with Alex, so I was planning on a super speedy delivery. Around 10:30 the anesthesiologist came in and I got my epidural. Right after I got the epidural my blood pressure got really low. Alarms started going off and I felt like passing out. The nurses helped me to move around to a different position and that helped. Then we started waiting, and waiting, and waiting! When we got to the hospital I was at 4 centimeters, and it didn't change all day! It was very boring and annoying. By 5 pm I was annoyed and a little worried. I was starting to think this baby didn't plan on coming out the usual way. A little after 6 the nurse checked me and I was still in between 4 and 5 centimeters, I was so mad! At 6:30 I started to feel very uncomfortable. I told the nurse that I thought something was going on and I asked her to check again. She checked me and I was fully dilated! They called my doctor and started getting everything ready. After Dr. Blackett arrived, we got ready and on the next contraction I pushed that baby right out! The doctor said that the cord was super long and was wrapped around Lyla's body twice. She weighed 8 pounds 5 ounces and she was such a cutie. Soon after the birth my doctor told me that she was worried that all of the placenta had not come out. I began to feel very weak and was having a hard time breathing. My doctor and nurses started working hard to take care of the problem. Apparently the placenta had implanted into the lining of my uterus and when I delivered it, part of the placenta tore off and remained inside of me. This was causing me to bleed quite a bit and that is why I was feeling so terrible. After a few tense moments my doctor was able to stop the bleeding. Afterwards I felt pretty terrible! The hospital considered doing a blood transfusion, but ultimately decided that I would be ok without one. I have been very weak and tired since the birth, and my doctor says that it will take several weeks for me to be feeling normal. Lyla is doing great though and we love having her home with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment