Hey guys I had some laser eye surgery on Friday, and it's been a killer weekend! Unfortunately I couldn't get the Lasik procedure done because I have thin corneas. So I had to have a different procedure called PRK instead. The main difference between the two is that with PRK they don't cut the cornea and pull it back before doing the laser procedure. Instead they basically scrape off the top layer of the eye and then use the laser. So needless to say I was in severe pain for a few days after having that done. I'm feeling better now, but I still can't see very well so forgive me if I typed something wrong. I wont be seeing well for about 3 weeks. But I am excited!
6 comments:
Oh congrats on getting it done! Sorry about the pain though! I had lasik done and I always say that is the best money I ever spent on anything! I hope it gets better soon!
Geez, that sounds horrible. Hopefully you will get better soon. Yay, no contacts or glasses!!
Steph, that sounds horribly painful!! You are a very brave girl. The idea of anything near my eyes, especially a laser or something scraping makes me...agh!
I want to get that done too! Someday!! But I don't like to think about all the cutting on my eye... Anyway I hope you can see better soon and it doesn't hurt too much longer. ;)
I didn't even know, what lousy help I was! Let me know if you need anything!
I am SO jealous! man,,,, no contacts or glasses anymore?? I would LOVE that!!! I hope your eyes are feeling better now that it has been a few days. My dad had that same procedure done... He just now wears his glasses at night when he is driving, but other than that, he never has to wear them and LOVES it!
Post a Comment