Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Going Home Tomorrow, YAY!

So we found out that Max got a bad infection. Somehow my placenta was infected and so he had sepsis (an infection in his blood). He was a very sick little boy, and we were very fortunate that his nurse the first night noticed that something wasn't quite right. So he has been staying in the NICU this week and getting i.v. antibiotics to treat his infection. His doctor let me know that tomorrow morning he will finish up his antibiotics and then he will get to come home. He is such a hungry kid and he has been gaining weight like crazy. He already weighs two ounces more than when he was born! We are so excited for him to come home (and a little nervous too). I have been staying at the hospital so that I can feed him and snuggle with him. I am so glad that the hospital has a hotel stay program for only $15 a night, what a deal! We have been lucky to have so much help this week with taking care of Alex and other things. Mark has had Alex for the last two days and I think he is the most ready for Max and me to come home :)
Mark is such a cute dad. Max was crying until he took over. (The nurse was doing it before, not me!)
I can't wait to get rid of all of the wires and tubes! The i.v. in the head is never fun.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

We are so glad that he gets to finally come home! Dotti has kept us updated on little Maxy's status. It must have been hard to be at the hospital all this time. What an awesome mother you are to stay with your baby boy the whole time. I love chubby boys they are the best. We definitely can't wait to meet him. Hopefully we can come down sometime soon. We love you and miss you!

Amy said...

Yay! I am glad you both get to go home! Thanks goodness for antibiotics! Love the IV in the head. Aiden and Andrew got to enjoy that too!

Arya said...

Steph, you poor girl. That is heartbreaking to have your baby sick. I didn't even know they did IVs through the head. I am so glad he's feeling better; you are a stud!

Jen said...

Oh what a little trooper! You guys are awesome parents...good job! Glad to hear he gets to come home soon!