
Max is here! He was born on Wednesday, October 14th at 8:36 p.m. He is sooooo big! He weighed 9lbs 3oz and he is 20.5 inches long. Everything happened pretty fast it seemed. Around 1 in the afternoon I started having some contractions while Alex and I were out buying ingredients to make cupcakes for Ashley's birthday. So we went home and I started making the cupcakes because last time I was in labor for 27 hours. Well at 3 it seemed like the contractions were very regular and strong so I called Mark and my dad to come watch Alex. I took a bath and started getting ready, and then we headed to the hospital. We got checked into labor and delivery at 5:30 and I was dilated to 4.5 centimeters. I wanted my epidural right away, but the anesthesiologist was just going into a c-section so I had to wait for an hour. During that hour my contractions started freaking hurting! They had to try four times to put in my i.v., and then they gave me some drugs to help until I got my epidural. Finally the c-section was over and I got my epidural and the doctor came in a broke my water at 7:30. I was only dilated to 5 then. When the doctor broke my water there was some meconium in the fluid so that wasn't good :( About 30 minutes later I felt a lot of pressure and when I was checked I was 8+ centimeters! 10 minutes after that I had here check me again and I was ready! They called the doctor and we had to wait 15 more minutes for him to come. Then we got him right out of there! He has lots of long, blonde, curly hair and tons of cute fat rolls. He is currently in the NICU fighting an infection. I will post more about that later.



11 comments:
Congratulations!
My little girl had to stay in the NICU for 2 weeks after she was born. It's very hard to leave the hospital without them the first time but it's the best place for them to be. Our NICU staff was awesome and took great care of her and us. The biggest stress I had was everyone asking when she'd get to come home. The best thing you can do for yourself if take care of your baby and get some sleep while you can. Your baby is in great hands even though they're not your own for the time being. Try not to stress out too much about when he'll come home and just be ready when he gets to. It sucks having them not at home but it's soon forgotten once they are home.
You guys!! We are so excited for you! I'm sorry to hear he has an infection, but they are awesome in the NICU, so he'll be fine I'm sure. yay! Can't wait to see/hear more!
Congrats! He is so cute!! I hope he gets over the infection soon.
Congrats - I hope he's doing well and gets over that infection! Best of luck to you and your family! If you get a chance, e-mail me at jvdevries22@hotmail.com with your mailing address as I'd like to send you something! Take care - can't wait to see more pics!
Hey! Congrats! TWo boys! Aww, I love it! I hope you're doing well and hope he feels better soon! So sweet!
Yay! We are so happy for you guys...glad your little--well, not so little guy made it here safe and sound! Sounds like labor was pretty good--hope he gets better soon. No fun to be in the NICU we will be praying for you guys!
Hey, you looked great today! Hope you are feeling good and I am looking forward to meeting Max!
Yay for Max!! And for a tough mom! Love you and hope that I can help you and not be annoying by bugging you a ton. If you want me to leave you alone I will :) love you
Yay for curly, blonde boys! That sounds like a rather adventurous labor story, I'd like to give your anesthesiologist a piece of my mind. I hope Max is doing well and will get to come home soon. How does Alex feel about being a big brother?
Congrats! He is so cute! and I can't believe all his hair!
COngratulations! His hair is so cute and I can't believe how big he is. Chubby babies are the best!
Post a Comment