Wednesday, September 10, 2008

101 Things About Stephanie Layne Toone

I have really enjoyed reading these lists on other people's blogs. This list has taken me a long time, and it is very random. I just wrote things down when I had a moment, and I did quite a bit of it at work, so don't tell my boss!

1. I hate cleaning.
2. I have someone come and clean my house every Wednesday.
3. I love being a mom.
4. I love being pregnant.
5. I wish I was pregnant right now.
6. I am going to get laser eye surgery (you can't be pregnant when you get it).
7. I used to hate my body before I had a baby, now I love that old body.
8. I love to watch real crime solving shows, my favorite is Forensic Files.
9. It only takes me 4 minutes to get to work in the morning.
10. I took piano lessons from Aunt Nae for 10 years.
11. I have to pee almost once an hour, and I always wake up in the night to go at least once.
12. In high school I judged Dairy cows and chickens.
13. My first kiss was from the drummer in the band Sublime (it was just a peck though).
14. I worked at Staples for 6 years.
15. I love to eat.
16. I hate to workout (bad combo with number 15).
17. I'm not very athletic.
18. I am pretty dang good at racquetball despite number 17.
19. I love to play wallyball, softball, racquetball, and volleyball.
20. My family are my best friends.
21. I love doing family history, and wish I had more time to work on it.
22. I live less than 2 miles from where ancestors from my mom's and dad's families lived in the 1800's.
23. I love visiting cemeteries.
24. I love going to the zoo, I would like to visit as many zoos across the country as I can.
25. I have a master's degree.
26. My husband makes more than 3 times what I could make and he has only finished a year of college.
27. I love to ride horses.
28. I love living in Cache Valley, it reminds me of Star Valley except there are more things to do.
29. I miss my Grandma Welch, and I think about her a lot.
30. I won the geography bee in 5th grade at Osmond Elementary.
40. I went to the state geography bee and didn't get any questions right!
41. I love Les Miserables, and I went to see it for the first time when I was in the 6th grade.
42. My favorite food is chicken broccoli casserole, yum!
43. I have never seen an R rated movie (except for edited on t.v.)
44. I used to love going to church, until Alex learned how to walk.
45. I love to bake and cook, especially desserts, for people.
46. One summer I milked cows with a cast on my leg (and when we took it off it was really stinky).
47. I like to crochet blankets.
48. I take a bubble bath almost every morning, unless I wake up late.
49. I don't like to take showers.
50. I love to read.
51. I don't read very often because when I start a book I have a hard time doing anything but reading.
52. I am an impulsive shopper.
53. I am afraid to ask people for help at stores.
54. Sometimes I will wander around looking for things for 20 minutes and then just leave without it rather than ask someone for help.
55. I love Capn' Crunch with Crunch Berries.
56. I love to watch CNN.
57. I have totaled two cars (and killed two cows in the process).
58. I sing the Happy Birthday song every time I wash my hands, just to make sure I am washing them long enough.
59. I often have the Happy Birthday song stuck in my head.
60. I like to clean the lint off of the dryer lint trap.
61. I don't like to do laundry because it is never done. As soon as you get it all washed and put away the hamper is already half full (even if I do it all in one day!)
62. I have been to 24 states: Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, Virginia, California, Hawaii, Indiana, Maryland, Montana, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Washington, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nebraska, and Oklahoma.
63. I have lived in Wyoming, Utah, Illinois, Kansas, and Ohio.
64. I like to follow politics and I have opinions, but I don't really like to argue about the issues.
65. I like having a blog because it reminds me to take more pictures.
66. I named my baby after my little brother who died as a baby.
67. I think that Alex, my child, is really cute. Sometimes when I buy baby products I think that Alex is cuter than the babies on the packages of things I buy.
68. Alex calls me ba ba or bobby, but he can say our dogs name Daisy, and he has said Ashley, Lindsey, and Dustin's names right, I try not to get to jealous.
69. I went for 9 years without throwing up, I didn't even throw up while I was pregnant. Then a month after Alex was born, I did, and I was really mad that I broke my streak.
70. I hate breaking rules and being unconventional, even if they are stupid rules and don't really matter. My husband doesn't care if he breaks rules, and it drives me crazy!
71. I love to go to water parks, I just love wave pools and cool water slides.
72. I hope that someday my husband and I can go on a summer vacation.
73. I have been on two cruises, both of them were in November.
74. I always get really excited for my birthday. I usually start a count down about three months before.
75. I love being a stay at home mom, and I really wish that I wasn't doing an internship right now, but it needs to be done.
76. I am really bad at knowing what looks good when it comes to decorating things. We have owned a home for two years and we just barely put up decorations last week.
77. I didn't pick out my own wedding dress, but I really liked it.
78. My wedding was the last time that the entire Welch extended family was all together before my aunt Trish and grandma died.
79. Fall is my favorite season, I love the colors and the temperatures.
80. Sometimes I walk and talk in my sleep. One time I walked into a door with my face and I woke up and thought that I was still in bed and that someone had hit me in the face with a board!
81. I have tried water skiing multiple times and I have never been able to get up for longer than a second.
82. I love Halloween, but I never know what I want to dress up as. (Alex is going to be a shark this year!)
83. I love my in laws, they are the nicest people and they are lots of fun too.
84. I miss my husband, he just moved back to Ohio for a while :(
85. I am not sure what my natural hair color is, but I do know that I don't like it (I think it is either a light brown or dark blond.)
86. My favorite color is purple, when I get my hair dyed I tell my hair person to dye it purple.
87. I look better with short hair.
88. I have a Shih Tzu named Daisy
89. Having a dog can be a real pain sometimes, but it is fun too.
90. I love my house, and I hope that I don't have to move any time soon.
91. My car has a backup camera, and I have a hard time backing up in other cars now.
92. I love keeping track of our finances, and sometimes I like it so much I think I should have been an accountant.
93. I love it when Alex is so excited to see his da da.
94. I love my dvr, and I can't stand to watch commercials now that I have it.
95. I don't know how people lived without cell phones.
96. I don't know how people lived without navigation systems.
97. I just got life insurance, and I hope my husband doesn't try to murder me now.
98. I enjoy grocery shopping.
99. I still bite my nails occasionally, but I am getting better.
100. I like to stay in hotels that have theme rooms, my favorite so far has been the jungle room at the Anniversary Inn in Logan.
101. Every time I go to Olive Garden, I get chicken alfredo with penne pasta.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was fun Steph. Thanks for doing one! There was a ton of stuff I didn't know about you! Totally jealous about the house cleaner you got!!

Amy said...

Nice work Steph! I am also totally jealous of your house cleaner! How come you are so lucky?

Glenae said...

Thanks for the fun list. I think I went to Les Miserable that same day. It was soooooo good! You were a good piano student. I enjoyed you coming every week.

Stephanie said...

I have a house keeper because one day when I was pregnant and going to graduate school, Mark came home and was disgusted by how dirty our house was. That day he found a fairly inexpensive lady to come clean our house, and I wont let her stop coming now!

April said...

When I move to Logan, I am going to hire Sheila. It was fun learning some new things about you, and I was surprised how many things I already knew about you! Ava always asks to see pictures of Alex, so hopefully we will see you this week!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. I am glad you did this! I can't believe you have hit two cows?! I also can't believe you have only thrown up 1 time in 9 years!!!!!

Jen said...

fun facts...cute idea!

Jake said...

I just found your blog through Kory and Lisa's. That was a fun read. We just started blogging after we moved to keep better in touch. You can link through Amy if you want to check it out.
Jake

kto1s said...

Love this list, Stephanie... Casey and I were laughing out loud about totalling the cars and the cows, RIP. So hearing you on the laundry bit too...hmmm...can the house keeper do that too?!?! ;) Fun to see your cute blog!
Katie

tod_emily said...

I also laughed really hard at numerous things on your list! I'm not so sure I could think up 101 things about me... good job!

Janna Jo said...

Hi. Kind of stumbled on your blog today. This post was amazing. Just thinking about you makes me smile. You were always so funny.

If you ever make it Boston, say hi.