Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day

Some of you may not know this but, Memorial Day is one of my favorite holidays. I enjoy going to cemeteries and learning things about my ancestors. When I was in high school I really enjoyed going to the cemeteries with my Grandma Welch, and she would tell me stories about her parents, siblings, and others. I wish I would have written things down! Well this was Alex's first year visiting the cemeteries because we were living in Cleveland last year, and he was too little the year before. At one point I was putting him in the car, and I told him we were going to another cemetery. He cried and said "No, not another cemetery!" I think he eventually liked it though, especially when he got to pull around the red wagon from his Uncle Alex's grave.

Here is Alex pulling the wagon.

Here is Alex trying to walk Lindsey's dog Izzy.

Here is Alex with his Uncle Alex


We stayed at the ranch, and Alex put on Grandma's shoes and snuck out to do some exploring. At one point he also snuck outside wearing my pink heels.

Alex loves riding the four wheeler, he will miss his rides with Pa Pa Welch because we are moving to Philadelphia this week.

No comments: