One of my favorite things about Mark's job is that we get to visit cool places that we probably wouldn't have gone too otherwise. Since we are living in Cleveland this summer we got to go visit Kirtland (it is only 45 minutes from our house). It was really cool, but I wish that our church owned the temple because the tour they gave was kind of weird. It was still really cool to see it though!
This is Newel K. Whitney's house. Back then yellow was the most expensive color of paint, so they were pretty well off. The inside is pretty cool too, it even has a master bedroom and two kitchens (sounds like my mom and dad's house).
Here we are in front of the Newel K. Whitney Store. The missionaries said it was like the Wal-Mart of the olden days. It was definitely less crowded than Wal-Mart, so I liked it better.
Here we are on the steps of the temple, and yes we are wearing different clothes because I accidentally left my phone at the Kirtland pageant, so we had to come back for another day. I'm glad we came back because we had lots of fun the second day too.

Here we are on the steps of the temple, and yes we are wearing different clothes because I accidentally left my phone at the Kirtland pageant, so we had to come back for another day. I'm glad we came back because we had lots of fun the second day too.
Here is the temple. They don't allow pictures inside, so there you go.


No comments:
Post a Comment